As an offering and manifestation for the New Year, may we enter 2018 with integrity, and dedication to serving the earth and ourselves. This involves taking a seat and re-evaluating our day-to-day practices, and contemplating more deeply what we are manifesting for ourselves every single day. Here are a few simple reminders of how you can start this year off with a wonderful sense of compassion and care for yourself and those around you.
Renew, Restart, Reintegrate
- Rest and Make Sleep a Priority: Rest is probably one of the most important yet least recognized ways to encourage a sense of well-being in your life. In Ayurveda, it’s considered one of the five pillars of health! Take the time to rest! Slowing down and giving yourself the space to relax has proven to be wonderful for your overall health and wellness. Sleeping is a wonderful way to rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit.
- Eat Well: Eating well means feeding your body what it needs in the most natural way you can manage and afford. Choose organic, local and fresh foods whenever possible. It’s important to make sure you’re providing your body with all the vital nutrients and vitamins it needs. Consider supplements if necessary through the winter months!
- Create Time for Exercise: Among other things, exercise can help you control your weight, combat diseases and other negative health conditions, improve your mood, boost your energy and promote better sleep. Taking a walk in nature, having a regular yoga practice, implementing a cardio routine, or simply getting up while you’re at work and moving around are all ways to get healthier in your daily activites.
- Mindfulness: “Meditation is not evasion; it is a serene encounter with reality.” - Thích Nhất Hạnh Adding a meditation practice into your daily routine can bring many positive benefits into your life including; improved concentration, increased self-awareness, increased happiness, increased self-understanding. It can also slow the effects of aging, reduce blood pressure, release stress, tension, and agitation. Support yourself with responsible choices and bolster your self-esteem by utilizing this ancient technique of mindfulness.
“Mindfulness means being awake. It means knowing what you are doing.” - Jon Kabat-Zinn Set your intention to make the world a better place! Ditch plastic water bottles and invest in stainless steel. Turn off your electricity when it’s not in use. Plant a garden. Grow some of your own food. Learn the art of composting. Donate to your local food bank. Walk more. Volunteer locally. Support Organic, Fair Trade, BCorp & environmentally conscious businesses. There are so many ways to make an impact. Get out there!
- Find Joy: Fun helps maintain a happy, healthy, well balanced you! Humor is one of the best solutions to alleviating stress. Smiling and laughing have been proven to help you maintain good health. Fun can be found in many activities free of cost like playing a board game, watching a funny movie with a group of friends, participating in a trivia night (or karaoke), go on a long hike through the woods or downtown and explore unseen parts of your city. Bring awareness to FUN and make it a goal this year. Smile often, laugh even more.
- Recharge Yourself: We are living in a world that pushes us to give, give, give and go, go, go. Learning how to say no when you are overloaded or overwhelmed is an incredibly supportive tool for your health and happiness. Spending quality time by yourself can be a dynamic way for you to recharge. Ideas for this could include creating a sanctuary spot in your home, diffusing essential oils near your bed, taking a warm bath, or maintaining a night time skin care routine that makes you feel nurtured. Give yourself a daily dose of relaxation and rejuvenation. Here are some simple steps for a night time skin routine:
- Wash well - with the right soap for your skin type
- Toner (witch hazel) - Refresh & Hydrate
- Moisturize - Rose Sandalwood Mango Butter, Jojoba Butter, Almond Oil + Calendula Oil are all superb and simple facial moisturizers.
7. Love the Skin You’re In: It is our passion to educate consumers on the incredible importance of taking care of your skin with organic body care products. Many products sold today are full of toxins, dyes, chemicals and fragrances that can be incredibly harmful. If you’re taking the steps to nurture your wellness by eating right, exercising, getting enough sleep and rest - then don’t forget to also be mindful of your at home skin care routine. Buy organic. Invest in good brands and nurture your skin.
We welcome 2018 with enthusiasm and joy. Remember that every single day is an opportunity to create change and make this world a better place.
From our hearts to yours, here we go!