B-Corps prioritize people over profits by giving back to their communities, empowering their employees and ensuring everyone just treatment along the supply chain. This is known as triple-bottom line principals and it is how we operate here at Inesscents.
Being a B-Corp has provided us the tools to fulfill our mission as a company that engineers it’s success measures not solely around profit and has brought us together as a staff and as a community in more ways than we can count.
- Way to B! -
Environmentally Friendly Practices
- We use recycled, recyclable, and/or food-grade containers for our entire product line.
- We partner with local businesses and pick-up their sustainable packaging material which we then re-use to ship our orders. Why waste our earths precious natural resources when we can support our local stores in reducing their recycling time/efforts and reuse of perfectly sound boxes?!
- In our warehouse, you will find non-toxic cleaning supplies, sustainable kitchen products, 100% recycled unbleached office paper and recycling bins distributed throughout.
- Our employees practice energy conservation by using water only when needed, shutting lights off when not in use and unplugging from outlets at the end of each day.
- We use natural light when appropriate and open our doors and windows for ventilation on beautiful Oregon days.
- We are a Clean Energy business and EPA Green Power Partner - Clean Energy Partners run their businesses on 100% renewable energy and commit to promoting sustainability to their customers, employees and in their communities by supporting clean energy in collaboration with Arcadia Power.
Community Outreach Projects
Here is how we donated our time to our community
- High School Soccer Team
- Local Community Theatre
- Local Animal Shelter
- Elementary School - End of Year Events Support Staff
- Ashland High School - Chaperoning Events
- Ashland Schools Fundraising Efforts
- Elementary School - Helmet Safety Class
- Hosted 4 free community Concerts
- Helping neighbors, terminally ill and underprivileged community members with free yard care services (hauling, weeding, mowing, etc.)
- High School Football Team
- Hosted 3 Free Local Art Shows
- Humane Society Volunteer Program
Best For the World Practices
So how is all of this evaluated and awarded? B-Corp runs an extensive “Impact Assessment” test to ensure that each company walks it talk.
It is commonplace for business leaders to discuss how they minimize the harm their businesses do to communities and the environment. But a small group of pioneering businesspeople (like us!) are setting the bar higher. Instead of minimizing harm, we seek to maximize the positive impact of our business. We limit negative externalities, and actively + purposefully seek a regenerative local economy by operating our business in a more thoughtful and rigorous way.
The B Impact Assessment evaluation highlights the businesses that B Lab has determined have scored in the top 10% of all Certified B Corporations. Companies that have scored in the top percentiles across most the assessment’s categories, based on company size, are honored as “Best for the World - Overall”. It’s safe to say we will be working hard to win this category again this year by maintaining our mission and creatively envisioning a brighter future for all.
Not only are we proud to B, we also want to take a moment to honor B-Corp for their efforts in seeking to create standards for better business practices. We would also like to shout out to B-Corp Certified businesses everywhere and to B-Corp allowing us to B all that we can B.