Marigold is a genus of approximately 20 species of plants in the Asteraceae family. It is believed to be native to Southwest Asia, Western Europe and the Mediterranean. It holds a beautifully vivid color due to the high number of flavonoids it contains. Calendula officinalis is the most commonly cultivated and used species and is the source of herbal calendula oil.
Calendula is an annual flower. Its name refers to its tendency to bloom with the calendar, usually once a month or with every new moon. This flower has been a part of many cultures and is used in a variety of ways. The Egyptians considered calendula flowers to have majestic and rejuvenating properties. In the Hindu world, the flowers are used to adorn statues of gods in temples, as well as a colorant for fabrics and cosmetics. It has also been used to garnish culinary dishes and made into herbal tea.
Inesscents Organic Calendula Oil is delicately infused by hand on-site for an entire lunar cycle (a minimum of four weeks). The resulting oil is like flowers in a bottle. It can be used straight on the skin or fashioned into salves and balms. Calendula is a powerful botanical; effective yet delicate and gentle.
What Vitamins / Nutrients are in Calendula
- Rich in B-Complex, E and K vitamins
- High in Omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants
How to use Organic Calendula Oil
- Cleanser- Use a small amount on cuts, scrapes, bruises, insect bites and minor wounds to help support healing
- Facial Moisturizer- The anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of calendula make it a good facial moisturizer for dry, irritated or acne prone skin.
- Compress - Use a warm or cold compress on irritated skin
- Reducing Fine Lines - Dab a small amount under eyes to soothe and nourish delicate skin.
- Soothing Irritated Skin – A perfect, gentle first aid oil to always have on hand.
- Sensitive Skin - Safe for use with the most sensitive skin including baby skin.
- Healing - Calendula oil can be used on cuts, scrapes, bruises, insect bites and minor wounds.
Our Calendula Oil is available in 2 oz. and 4.oz. amber glass bottles, as well as ½ gallon and gallon HDPE plastic jugs.